Definición de mallet en inglés:
1A hammer with a large, usually wooden head.
- Start your screw hole with an awl by tapping gently with a hammer or a soft-face mallet.
- Carpenters had mallets, hammers, drills, chisels, scrapers, planes, and copper saws at their disposal.
- The axe can then be hammered in further with a wooden mallet.
1.1A long-handled wooden stick with a head like a hammer, used for hitting a croquet or polo ball.
- For the piece titled Passageways, Toivanen set a croquet ball and mallet against the gallery wall, ready for play.
- He does like a polo mallet, he hits it and it goes flying over the table, and I'm saying, ‘Good shot.’
- I date men who knock me off my bike in bike polo by throwing a mallet at my spokes and watching me fall just like the boys.
1.2A wooden stick with a padded head, used for hitting percussion instruments.
- A wide variety of drumsticks, including hard sticks, soft mallets, and brushes, is used.
- Yamaha's high quality keyboard mallets offer a range of features for students and professionals.
- The current line of mallets is wound using either wool-based and nylon based yarns or two types of wool yarn.
Definición de mallet en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan