- Of or denoting bacterial fermentation which converts malic acid to lactic acid, especially as a secondary process used to reduce the acidity of some wines: malolactic fermentation is essential in poor years when the grapes are not fully ripeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Made by Tom Newton from cooler climate fruit, some of which has gone through a malolactic fermentation and been aged in oak.
- It is in this process of imparting body and age that malolactic fermentation becomes the key… or so I learned!
- There are few strains of malolactic bacteria that are friendly such as leuconostoc and oenococcus oeni.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
- Malolactic fermentation: most Champagnes undergo malolacticMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Pinot Noir needs to go through malolactic to soften and stabilize the wine, and is therefore often kept in an isolated part of the cellar to prevent cross-contamination from lactic bacteria.
- This Chardonnay (fruit from Clarksburg and Monterey) has good texture from partial malolactic with creamy and nutty notes under lively pear and apple flavours.
Más definiciones de malolacticDefinición de malolactic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.