sustantivo[mass noun] Biochemistry
- An enzyme, present in saliva and pancreatic juice, which catalyses the breakdown of maltose and similar sugars to form glucose.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dietary coriander and onion prominently stimulated the activities of the disaccharidases sucrase, lactase and maltase of intestinal mucosa.
- Deletion of the gene encoding maltase causes a nonfermentable phenotype but maltose induction of maltose permease is unaffected, indicating that this enzyme is not required for induction but only for utilization of maltose.
- Interestingly, single dose administration of spices other than curcumin and onion did not increase intestinal maltase unlike their dietary intake.
Más definiciones de maltaseDefinición de maltase en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.