sustantivo (plural igual)
- 1A native or inhabitant of Malta or a person of Maltese descent.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to tradition the national colors were given to the Maltese by Count Roger in 1090.
- The years between the two world wars were marked by spasmodic European immigration, especially of Italians, Greeks, Croatians, Maltese, and Jews.
- Saint Paul is a powerful national symbol, as he is credited with converting the Maltese to Christianity.
- 2 [mass noun] The national language of Malta, a Semitic language related to Arabic but much influenced by Italian, Spanish, and Norman French.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the case of Britain, they also attempt to obtain information on more recently arrived languages such as Gujarati, Punjabi, Maltese, and Turkish.
- More people know Irish than Maltese, Latvian or Estonian, the protestors claimed.
- How many people, for example, can translate from Latvian into Maltese?
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to Malta, its people, or their language.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is still the largest Maltese community outside of Malta.
- Like its people and history, the Maltese language is varied.
- Malta is predominantly Roman Catholic so the Maltese people love to celebrate weddings.
Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense