Treat (a person or animal) cruelly or with violence: children die from neglect or are maltreated by their carers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- No parents or other adults should exploit, abuse or maltreat children.
- They had a nice four-room flat in Naupada, but soon after my first daughter was born they started maltreating me.
- Meanwhile, the fate of the abandoned, aborted, murdered, or maltreated girls is barely seen as a problem
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He advocates the ideas and defends the system of his brother's maltreaters.
- She's been in the news as the maltreater of dogs and cats.
- One requirement is that CPS must advise the alleged maltreater of the allegations against him or her at the first contact.
Early 18th century: from French maltraiter.
Palabras que riman con maltreataccrete, autocomplete, beet, bittersweet, bleat, cheat, cleat, clubfeet, compete, compleat, complete, conceit, Crete, deceit, delete, deplete, discreet, discrete, eat, effete, élite, entreat, escheat, estreat, excrete, feat, feet, fleet, gîte, greet, heat, leat, leet, Magritte, marguerite, meat, meet, meet-and-greet, mesquite, mete, mistreat, neat, outcompete, peat, Pete, petite, pleat, receipt, replete, sangeet, seat, secrete, sheet, skeet, sleet, splay-feet, street, suite, sweet, teat, treat, tweet, wheat
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: mal|treat
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda