- 1A person responsible for controlling or administering an organization or group of staff: the manager of a barMás ejemplos en oraciones
executive, head of department, line manager, supervisor, principal, administrator, head, boss, director, managing director, employer, superintendent, foreman, forewoman, overseer; proprietor
- As a result of allegations, the manager responsible for these staff requested a suspension hearing.
- Rewarding staff is also a key part of the sales manager's responsibilities.
- Does your sales manager train your staff to engage with prospective members?
- 1.1A person who controls the professional and business activities of a performer, sports player, group of musicians, etc.: if I was his manager I would offer Lewis $8 m for the fightMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But there came a stage when both the musician and his tour manager had to be told no more alcohol would be served to them.
- This means mailing out your scores and CDs to competitions, conductors, managers and performers.
- A number are involved with music as musicians, managers, writers, and record store workers.
- 1.2A person in charge of the activities, tactics, and training of a sports team: the team managerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The same message goes out from sports team managers, some of whom are developing very bad sideline manners of late.
- Already I detect a reduction in the number of training sessions being organised by team managers in general at present.
- It has rigorous objectives and targets and will be monitored by directors, managers or teams.
- 3 [with modifier] Computing A program or system that controls or organizes a peripheral device or process: a file managerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The company's file system and volume manager were often the top pick of Solaris customers.
- The Palm database manager does not delete records automatically when the records are read.
- The fact that it doesn't even show up in the device manager makes me think it might be damaged or defective.
- 4(In the Houses of Parliament and the US Senate) a member of a committee appointed by one house to confer with a similar committee of the other house.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was essential to employ parliamentary managers to translate this potential influence into majorities.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is like being offered the managership of Manchester United!
- ‘When I took over the managership I decided to leave the team alone because I thought it was good enough,’ he said.
- Sean retired from driving around the roads of County Galway to take over managership of the Hotel in 1962 and he married Vera.