(also mandapam /ˈmʌndəpʌm/)
Definición de mandap en inglés:
1(In southern India) a temple porch.
- Outside the main entrance to the temple is a stone mandapam and around this area are several shops that sell anything from lead and stone vessels to brass and bronze prayer items.
- Once he reached the temple, he was thrilled and ecstatic and, threw away all his clothes and entered the mandapam only in a small piece of loincloth.
- The original mandapam where the king used to rest while visiting the temple is quite unrecognisable now.
1.1A temporary platform set up for weddings and religious ceremonies.
- According to the police, additional security would be provided around the mandapam where the wedding is scheduled to take place.
- He is then escorted to the mandap while the rest of the party takes seats among the audience.
- She was ceremoniously brought to the mandapam by the groom's maternal uncle.
from Sanskrit maṇḍapam.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan