- The mandrake, especially when used as a narcotic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among the plants and herbs that were sacred to Hecate was the mandragora or mandrake.
- There were attempts at anesthesia to reduce pain: sponges were impregnated with opium or mandragora and placed in the mouth or nose.
- Here's Cleopatra calling out ‘give me mandragora, that I might sleep’.
Old English, via medieval Latin from Latin and Greek mandragoras.
Más definiciones de mandragoraDefinición de mandragora en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.