Definición de mandrel en inglés:
1A shaft or spindle in a lathe, to which work is fixed while being turned.
- While the mandrel is rotating, a layer of shrink-wrap tape is applied to the outside of the composite material.
- Attach these mandrels to an electric motor to make a high quality, low cost work station for various sanding, polishing and buffing operations.
- The drill is switched on and the mandrel rotates.
2A rod round which metal or other material is forged or shaped.
- Larger rings can be fabricated by forging over a mandrel.
- The heat generated by the mandrel causes the two materials to briefly reach their melting temperature and combine.
- The body of the flute is made by winding carbon fibre around a metal mandrel, using a machine, and then impregnating it with epoxy resin.
early 16th century (in sense 3): of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with mandrelmandrill
Definición de mandrel en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan