A beet of a variety with a large root, cultivated as stockfeed. Also called mangel, mangel-wurzel.
- Beta vulgaris subsp. crassa, family Chenopodiaceae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While different beet cultivars such as beet root, mangold and fodder beet have been used as vegetables or for animal feeding for a long time, sugar beet is a relatively young crop.
- She added that the measure was extended to other agricultural products such as husked rice, grain sorghum, soya beans, lucerne meal and pellets, mangolds, fodder roots, whether or not in pellet form.
- Rows were well mucked and we grew potatoes, mangolds, turnips and cabbage.
mid 19th century: from German Mangoldwurzel, from Mangold 'beet' + Wurzel 'root'.
Definición de mangold en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.