- (Among certain Algonquian North American Indians) a good or evil spirit as an object of reverence: the tribal shaman was responsible for calling upon the manitou at special ceremoniesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Illinois men and women interacted with the supreme deity by way of personal spirits called manitous.
- During this time the manitou or spirits were considered a strong spiritual presence in her life.
- Bear representations are evident, and several fragments appear to represent Mishipishu, the principal manitou of the Algonquian underworld.
late 17th century: via French from an Algonquian language.
Más definiciones de manitouDefinición de manitou en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.