Definición de manna en inglés:
1(In the Bible) the substance miraculously supplied as food to the Israelites in the wilderness (Exod. 16).
- The Israelites feasted on manna in the wilderness.
- In the Old Testament it was manna in the wilderness.
- God had fed the Israelites in the wilderness with manna, but also with ‘miraculous flocks of quail’.
1.1Something beneficial that appears or is provided unexpectedly or opportunely: a major aircraft accident is manna to lawyers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With a cap on what charities could get, however, any further increase in betting limits became manna from heaven for the private casino industry.
- And Parker is manna from heaven for all sorts of reasons.
- The general opinion was he was manna from heaven.
1.2(In Christian contexts) spiritual nourishment, especially the Eucharist.
- When our message is that God is mercy for outcasts and sinners and manna for everyone, how can we not preach?
- God is not only mercy for sinners and outcasts but manna for everyone.
- Can we translate full-gospel preaching, both manna and mercy, into the language of the Web?
Definición de manna en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan