Definición de mannose en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
A sugar of the hexose class which occurs as a component of many natural polysaccharides.
- Chemical formula: C6H12O6
- Other sugars found in foods, such as sucrose (table sugar), fructose (fruit sugar) and mannose are converted to glucose almost as quickly as starch is.
- These data suggest that galactose and mannose may compete with glucose for uptake, whereas sucrose and fructose do not.
- Asian and African populations showed selection in genes affecting the metabolism of the plant sugars mannose and sucrose.
late 19th century: from mannite 'mannitol' + -ose2.
Definición de mannose en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia