- 1 (also mansard roof) A roof which has four sloping sides, each of which becomes steeper halfway down.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the ground floor of the entrance facade, a shallow porch with four columns links the two bay windows, and a steep mansard roof with dormer windows is crowned by a grand octagonal cupola.
- These include the mansard roof, cornicing and wrought ironwork to the 1853 facade.
- In 1917 a later owner added a Chinese Chippendale porch with a Shanghai mansard roof.
- 1.1British another term for gambrel.
- 1.2A storey or apartment under a mansard roof.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some workers had found her dead in her tiny mansard apartment.
mid 18th century: from French mansarde, named after F. Mansart (see Mansart, François).
Más definiciones de mansardDefinición de mansard en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.