Definición de manse en inglés:
1A house provided for a minister of certain Christian Churches, especially the Scottish Presbyterian Church.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- LMI properties are used for ministry purposes in a similar way that many churches or ministries would provide a manse for their ministers.
- For two years, they lived in the manse and provided regular ministry and leadership of young people's groups before going to Spain.
- In previous years the house has served as a manse for the United Presbyterian Church.
1.1US informal A person’s house or home: she has just returned to her mother and the family manse after being expelled from convent school
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of the larger properties to come to market in recent weeks are Kells House and gardens in Co Kerry, a Victorian fairytale manse on 46 acres at Cahersiveen.
- And I had a wonderful conversation and a great visit with her at Friar Park, which is a magnificent Victorian manse that has incredible gardens.
- In an attempt to make a series like The Real World out of the Osbournes, the family opened the doors of their swish Beverly Hills manse to an MTV camera crew over a four-month period last year.
- 1son (or daughter) of the manse
- The child of a minister, especially of the Scottish Presbyterian Church.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Profligacy, whatever her short-term charms, is not the proper sort of partner for a dour Scottish son of the manse.
- As a son of the manse, he was for years treasurer of his church.
- Like many sons of the manse, he seems to possess a covenant to govern others.
Late 15th century (denoting the principal house of an estate): from medieval Latin mansus 'house, dwelling', from manere 'remain'.
Palabras que riman con manseaskance, bromance, expanse, finance, Hans, Hanse, nance, Penzance, Romance
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda