- 1.1A long, loose coat or overshirt worn by Muslim women.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The latter disdain, in much larger numbers than any-where else but Tehran, the chador and appear in what might be called ‘sexy hejab, ‘a snug-fitting manteau, or housecoat, a scarf barely covering their hair and full makeup.’
- Another time, I woke up very late in the morning and ran to school, forgetting to change my pajama pants which I thought would not be important anyway, as my manteau was really long and my pants couldn't be easily seen.
- Cumming says she didn't find wearing the manteau and scarf oppressive.
late 17th century: from French; compare with mantua.
Más definiciones de manteauDefinición de manteau en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.