Definición de marabou en inglés:
1 (also marabou stork) A large African stork with a massive bill and large neck pouch, which feeds mainly by scavenging.
- Leptoptilos crumeniferus, family Ciconiidae
- The fish eagle and marabou stork are very common predators
- We saw hippo and elephant but for me highlights were a rare slaty egret, an in-your-face look at a marabou stork standing over a single egg on its head-high nest.
- Of those that died, only one was visibly ill before disappearance, three were suspected to have been lost during intergroup encounters, one was killed by a warthog, and six were preyed upon by marabou storks.
2 [mass noun] Down from the wing or tail of the marabou used as a trimming for hats or clothing.
- A long, narrow tulip-shaped suede coat worn with marabou hat and boots opened a show strong on couture-like pieces.
- Now take tying thread down to the bend and tie in marabou or arctic fox for the tail.
- If I start wearing stonewashed pedal pushers and marabou slippers could someone shoot me please?
Words that rhyme with maraboumarabout
Definición de marabou en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan