Definición de marasmus en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Undernourishment causing a child’s weight to be significantly low for their age.
- Clinical impression of wasting of musculature of the limbs, but not severe enough to describe the child as suffering from marasmus was classified as emaciation.
- Patients with marasmus present with severe weight loss and wasting of both muscle and adipose tissue.
- Prevalence of clinical protein energy malnutrition in the form of marasmus was found in 6 children, while Kwashiorkor was not recorded.
- Example sentences
- Most patients continued to lose weight, and marasmic malnutrition continued despite the provision of adequate calories and protein through the feeding tube.
- The young woman was clearly visible from the consulting room window, her emaciated frame draped in the tattered remnants of a sari, with a marasmic toddler balanced on her hip.
- The child is apathetic and does not cry often, unlike the anxious marasmic child.
Definición de marasmus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary