Definición de marasmus en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Undernourishment causing a child’s weight to be significantly low for their age.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Clinical impression of wasting of musculature of the limbs, but not severe enough to describe the child as suffering from marasmus was classified as emaciation.
- Patients with marasmus present with severe weight loss and wasting of both muscle and adipose tissue.
- Prevalence of clinical protein energy malnutrition in the form of marasmus was found in 6 children, while Kwashiorkor was not recorded.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most patients continued to lose weight, and marasmic malnutrition continued despite the provision of adequate calories and protein through the feeding tube.
- The young woman was clearly visible from the consulting room window, her emaciated frame draped in the tattered remnants of a sari, with a marasmic toddler balanced on her hip.
- The child is apathetic and does not cry often, unlike the anxious marasmic child.
Mid 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek marasmos 'withering', from marainein 'wither'.
Definición de marasmus en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda