- (marcel wave) A deep artificial wave in the hair.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rex coat - short, remarkably soft and silky - is characterized by a relatively dense, tight, uniform marcel wave, lying close to the body and extending from the top of the head across the back, sides, hips and tail.
- Sweet'n'neat 20s inspired hair and make-up, including short bobs, marcel waves, heavily kohled eyes with long lashes and small dark cupid's bow lips complete the flapper feel.
- Merchant Ivory fans will be in heaven; the costumes and make-up are delicious enough to re-ignite the fashion for marcel waves and tea dresses, or at the very least, do wonders for the millinery industry.
verbo (marcels, marcelling, marcelled)[with object] Volver al principio
- Give a marcel wave to (hair): she had her hair marcelled every weekMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So I'll marcel my hair and flaunt it in people's face that I'm not a man, because I can't carry the emotional load.
- In another work, a cabaret contortionist with marcelled hair smokes a cigarette and reads a book in an improbable state of repose.
- She's got the marcelled hair that is a bit 20s for Big Band, but who's going to notice?
late 19th century: named after Marcel Grateau (1852–1936), the Parisian hairdresser who invented it.
Más definiciones de marcelDefinición de marcel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.