Definición de marcel en inglés:
(marcel wave) A deep artificial wave in the hair.
- The rex coat - short, remarkably soft and silky - is characterized by a relatively dense, tight, uniform marcel wave, lying close to the body and extending from the top of the head across the back, sides, hips and tail.
- Sweet'n'neat 20s inspired hair and make-up, including short bobs, marcel waves, heavily kohled eyes with long lashes and small dark cupid's bow lips complete the flapper feel.
- Merchant Ivory fans will be in heaven; the costumes and make-up are delicious enough to re-ignite the fashion for marcel waves and tea dresses, or at the very least, do wonders for the millinery industry.
verbo (marcels, marcelling, marcelled)[with object] Volver al principio
Give a marcel wave to (hair): she had her hair marcelled every week
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So I'll marcel my hair and flaunt it in people's face that I'm not a man, because I can't carry the emotional load.
- In another work, a cabaret contortionist with marcelled hair smokes a cigarette and reads a book in an improbable state of repose.
- She's got the marcelled hair that is a bit 20s for Big Band, but who's going to notice?
late 19th century: named after Marcel Grateau (1852–1936), the Parisian hairdresser who invented it.
Definición de marcel en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan