Treat (a person, group, or concept) as insignificant or peripheral: by removing religion from the public space, we marginalize it (as adjective marginalized) members of marginalized cultural groups
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The term ethnic minority is often used to refer to marginalized cultural groups.
- Literature that is widely taught today includes writings by women and members of other historically marginalized groups.
- Research shows early school leaving marginalises different groups in society, particularly young unskilled men, lone parents and young people in disadvantaged areas or rural areas.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Instead of the isolation and the sort of marginalization of Sudan that they did the in the past, they would like to move forward with a policy now of engagement.
- We call on our governments and political and civic leaders to work with us to reverse the marginalization of our community and save our society from this downward spiral.
- The reason is that in national and many global contexts, the terms in which one can talk of dispossession and marginalization do not fit the unique history of Kashmir.