Definición de marital en inglés:
- If the wife deferred to the husband because of the marital relationship, that is another thing.
- The mother of the children told police she and her husband had been having marital problems for the past six months.
- He prefers marital banter with his wife on the phone to talking about measurements and ingredients.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Well, if that's not financially or maritally feasible, another option is to sell the Miata.
- Their analyses delineated the odds of a maritally distressed spouse having a psychiatric disorder or class of disorders in comparison to spouses who were not maritally distressed.
- Given the positive treatment outcome suggested by the findings of this study, it is important that maritally distressed couples be referred for intervention in a timely fashion.
Early 16th century: from Latin maritalis, from maritus 'husband'.
marry from Middle English:
Both marry and marriage (Middle English) come from Old French marier ‘to marry’, which goes back to Latin maritus ‘a husband’, source also of marital (early 16th century). Traditional advice on marriage includes marry in haste and repent at leisure, from the late 16th century, and never marry for money, but marry where money is, first formulated in Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem ‘Northern Farmer, New Style’ ( 1870). A marriage of convenience is one concluded to achieve a practical purpose. The essayist Joseph Addison used the expression in the early 18th century, translating French mariage de convenance. Whatever the married state, we have been assured since the mid 16th century that marriages are made in heaven, and since the mid 17th that marriage is a lottery. It is typical of the way we use words from different sources in English that we speak of a marriage, from French, in the abstract, but when we talk of the actual, concrete celebrations we usually use wedding, which has been in use since Anglo-Saxon times going back to a Germanic root meaning ‘to pledge’.
Palabras que riman con maritalcapital • lickspittle • hospital
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.