- 1Connected with the sea, especially in relation to seaborne trade or naval matters: a maritime museum maritime lawMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The change which has taken place in relation to matters maritime is also of similar magnitude.
- The hour-long ceremony alongside Southsea Naval War Memorial is intended to honour 9,000 maritime veterans of all nations.
- It needs to understand that nearly the entire income of the federal government in the early decades of the republic derived from tariffs on maritime trade.
- 1.2Bordering on the sea: two species of Diptera occur in the maritime AntarcticMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The coastal maritime region is filled with mangrove swamps and alluvial plains that support palm trees.
- An acceptable balance of interests between maritime states and coastal states appears to have been achieved.
- 1.3(Of climate) moist and temperate owing to the influence of the sea: native and exotic plants flourish in the mild maritime climate on the Lleyn PeninsulaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Research has shown that ryegrasses grow throughout the year in a temperate maritime climate.
- The temperate maritime climate, with warm summers and cool, wet winters, becomes more extreme towards the south and east.
- These treatments were chosen as typical of spring temperatures in a temperate, maritime climate, such as that prevailing in Aberystwyth, UK.
mid 16th century: from Latin maritimus, from mare 'sea'.