Definición de marked en inglés:
1Having a visible mark or marking: a houseplant with beautifully marked, dark green leaves
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What makes this Arum so different is that its beautifully shaped, marked leaves appear in the fall and stay green all winter.
- And one has to wonder, too, whether anybody who really was streetwise would get into a car so visibly marked.
- She picked up another green marked soldier searching for a sign of rank.
1.1(Of playing cards) having distinctive marks on their backs to assist cheating.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He would never say where he had got it from, though wherever it was he'd been, it was rumoured he'd taken his marked playing cards and his gun with him.
- The marked cards for the system come from United States Playing Card Co.
- This deck appears as a slightly battered and marked casino deck from The Sands that consists entirely of face cards.
2Clearly noticeable: a marked increase in UK sales
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She said the school has shown a marked improvement this year in their efforts to retain the green flag.
- Demand in Waterford City Centre for good retail locations is extremely strong and there has been a marked scarcity of suitable properties.
- Intensive immunization campaigns have resulted in a marked decrease in polio throughout the world.
noticeable, pronounced, decided, distinct, striking, clear, glaring, blatant, unmistakable, obvious, plain, manifest, patent, palpable, considerable, remarkable, prominent, signal, significant, great, substantial, strong, conspicuous, notable, noted, pointed, salient, recognizable, identifiable, distinguishable, discernible, apparent, evident, open, written all over one
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Upon this invariable theme/rheme (left/right) structure the whole textual edifice is erected using the well-established linguistic concept of markedness.
- Is idiosyncrasy some sort of statistical measure of deviation from central tendency or is it to be based on notions like markedness of parameter settings and/or presence or absence of peripheral constructs?
- The markedness of this dislocation may vary from person to person, and from time to time, but clearly affects the knowledge any one person could have of the list, and how it worked.
Palabras que riman con markedunremarked
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán