An earthenware cooking container.
- The marmitako is a simple dish that fishermen used to cook in a marmite (a small cooking pot);reason for the name, marmitako.
- A garniture of turnips, carrots and potatoes cut in a tournage are cooked in a marmite till tender and served with the beef and sauces.
- The evening meal was slowly cooking in a marmite suspended from a hook.
Definición de marmite en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
sustantivo[mass noun] British trademark
A dark savoury spread made from yeast extract and vegetable extract.
- Many enjoy a bread spread called Marmite, a dark-colored yeast extract with a salty taste.
- I always take Marmite and ketchup abroad; I can't travel without my Marmite.
- What I have found in practice is that people who like to eat Marmite have symptoms that suggest they have too much yeast in their system.
early 20th century: from marmite.