sustantivo[mass noun] Metallurgy
A hard and very brittle solid solution of carbon in iron that is the main constituent of hardened steel.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The martensite of quenched tool steel is exceedingly brittle and highly stressed.
- Trip steels have a microstructure with retained austenite, ferrite and martensite.
- The ability of steel to form martensite on quenching is referred to as the hardenability.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The swirler is formed of a powder sintered compact of martensitic stainless steel having corrosion resistance and wear resistance.
- The martensitic stainless steels are hardenable by heat treatment and are magnetic.
- Exceptions include highly alloyed ferritic stainless steels, some of the martensitic stainless steels, and a few of the free-machining grades.
Late 19th century: named after Adolf Martens (1850–1914), German metallurgist, + -ite1.
Definición de martensite en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda