Definición de marvellous en inglés:
1Causing great wonder; extraordinary: these marvellous technological toys are fun to play with
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You do though, after a while, start to wonder exactly where this marvellous country is.
- When an article gets visits in the hundreds, I wonder what marvelous prose has excited so many readers.
- The marvelous wonder that is your mind never ceases to amaze me.
amazing, astounding, astonishing, awesome, breathtaking, sensational, remarkable, spectacular, stupendous, staggering, stunning;
phenomenal, prodigious, miraculous, extraordinary, incredible, unbelievable
1.1Extremely good or pleasing; splendid: you have done a marvellous job
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- David said the volunteers had done a marvellous job and he was pleased to give them a boost when their energy levels ran low.
- Now we have a swimming pool, a marvellous garden and a splendid folly.
- So the crews, I think, did a marvelous job in coordination with the flight attendants.
excellent, splendid, wonderful, magnificent, superb, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, beautiful, too good to be true
informalsuper, great, smashing, amazing, fantastic, terrific, tremendous, phenomenal, sensational, heavenly, gorgeous, dreamy, grand, fabulous, fab, fabby, fantabulous, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, awesome, amazeballs, to die for, magic, ace, cool, mean, bad, wicked, mega, crucial, mind-blowing, far out, A1, sound, out of this world, marvy
black Englishdope, def, phat
British informalbrilliant, brill, bosting
North American informalneat, badass, bodacious, boss, radical, rad, peachy, boffo, bully, bitching, dandy, jim-dandy
Australian/New Zealand informalbeaut, bonzer
informal, , datedgroovy, spanking, divine
British informal, , datedcapital, champion, wizard, corking, ripping, cracking, spiffing, top-hole, topping, beezer
North American informal, , datedswell, keen
South African informalkif, lank
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It features what he calls his ‘illusions,’ sleights-of-eye-and-mind that stagger around the lines between post-modernism, nostalgia, film references, and sheer aesthetic marvelousness.
- Nobody said anything of absolute total marvellousness and profundity, but we were all ourselves at our best, and we had a thoroughly good time.
- He was invoking the marvelousness of uncoordinated knowledge as a counterpoint to the socialists of his day who argued for the superiority of centralized, state-run, top-down coordination.
Middle English: from Old French merveillus, from merveille (see marvel).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda