Definición de mastaba en inglés:
1 Archaeology An ancient Egyptian tomb consisting of an underground burial chamber with rooms above it (at ground level) to store offerings.
- The other wives and attendants tombs were built beside the king's pyramid but were only small rectangular tombs or mastabas.
- It might also evoke architectural associations, most explicitly an ancient Egyptian mastaba.
- To the east, three of the king's wives had their own small pyramids, with streets of mastaba - bench-shaped tombs - for his sons and daughters.
2(In Islamic countries) a stone or brick bench built into the wall of a house.
- One late afternoon I was sitting with friends on their mastaba, the brick bench attached to the front of the house where much of the neighbourhood's socializing takes place.
- Who could it be other than the grain merchant sitting cross-legged on his bench above the shop's mastaba?
- Although a parapet from inside, outside this spoil creates the stub of a wall or 'mastaba' the sitting bench as it has become known in Arab Egypt.
from Arabic maṣṭaba.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan