- 1Comprehensive knowledge or skill in a particular subject or activity: she played with some masteryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet, accomplished mastery of all the knowledge and techniques important to preaching may not make the preacher successful.
- This demonstrates how dichotomous scoring cannot reward students for less than full knowledge or mastery of the content area.
- His quest for knowledge and mastery extends beyond the proper way to run a slant pattern, although he could tell you that, step by step.
- 1.1The action of mastering a subject or skill: a child’s mastery of languageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As children gain mastery over language skills, they become more sophisticated in their conversational abilities.
- The scene is significant because it points up the connection between mastery of language and mastery of social situation.
- His mastery of the English language has often been in dispute but ‘Chronicles’ will surely put an end to the debate.
- 2Control or superiority over someone or something: man’s mastery over natureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Those are the people that want to control you and have mastery over the way that you think.
- The third section tells how one gains mastery over natural forces through thought control.
- He is seated on a tiger skin, a symbol of power, showing his mastery over the animal world.
Middle English: from Old French maistrie, from maistre 'master'.