plural sustantivo[treated as singular] British
Mathematics: [as modifier]: her mother was a maths teacher
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He succeeded at bridge and his maths and mental arithmetic scores jumped by two years.
- He corrects some maths and mathematical terms and gets a less dramatic result.
- Of course, no class on maths and the visual arts would be complete without fractals.
do the maths
- [often in imperative] British informal Make a calculation or come to a conclusion based on the relevant facts and figures, typically with the implication that the result is or should be obvious: I have four children and one on the way; you do the mathsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Your cut-price carrier ticket is around a third of the price of the full fare—do the maths.
- Just do the maths: most people I know will be really out of pocket, by several thousand dollars a year.
- I'll leave you to do the maths on that one, and to work out for yourself whether 10% is a "rapid" rate of depreciation.
Early 20th century: abbreviation.
Definición de maths en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda