Definición de matrilineal en inglés:
Of or based on kinship with the mother or the female line: a society founded on the matrilineal kinship principle
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A kinship system based on matrilineal clans was the source of Cherokee identity and the sinew of society.
- Many of Indonesia's ethnic groups have strong kinship groupings based upon patrilineal, matrilineal, or bilateral descent.
- The Akan domestic arrangements are based on matrilineal principles.
- Example sentences
- The matrilineal moieties, for example, articulate the matrilineally transmitted ‘flesh’ or totems.
- Family relations are traced back equally both matrilineally and patrilineally, and active kin groups often extend to the great-grandparents.
- Land rights pass patrilineally or matrilineally to surviving members of kin groups.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan