- He is by turns violent, sentimental, maudlin, self-pitying, and sadistic, and has a fine line in rhetoric.
- I spent the day under a cloud of self-pity and maudlin nostalgia.
- It could have been maudlin and self-pitying, and none of that was there.
- This is a maudlin film about life, love and… well, you get the picture.
- This film is maudlin where the original was tough, antiseptic where the original was gritty.
- However, she left no mark on film history, not one of her films is a work of art and nowhere did she leave an indelible image of an artist who transcended her maudlin material.
Late Middle English (as a noun denoting Mary Magdalen): from Old French Madeleine, from Church Latin Magdalena (see magdalen). The current sense derives from allusion to pictures of Mary Magdalen weeping.
Palabras que riman con maudlinMagdalen
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.