adjetivoAnatomy & Zoology
- 1Of or attached to a jaw or jawbone, especially the upper jaw: a maxillary fractureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Regarding the marked size decrease of maxillary to premaxillary teeth, it seems likely that relative size of the teeth is allometrically and ontogenetically controlled.
- The upper dentition, based on socket size, is slightly heterodont, with smaller premaxillary teeth and larger maxillary teeth.
- The teeth most often missing are the third molars, second premolars, and maxillary lateral incisors, and other teeth may be reduced in size.
- 1.1Relating to the maxillae of an arthropod: the maxillary palpMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is visible in the third antennal segment, but not the maxillary palps or larval chemosensory organs.
- These hybridization results show that the gene is expressed in two olfactory organs: the third antennal segment and the maxillary palp.
- Labial and maxillary palps are transformed to legs (arrows).
early 17th century: from maxilla, probably suggested by Latin maxillaris.
Más definiciones de maxillaryDefinición de maxillary en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.