- And this maximum possible speed is the velocity of light.
- Although the light beam is traveling toward us at the maximum speed possible, it cannot keep up with the stretching of space.
- Under this plan, the average longevity of a genus is halfway between the minimum and the maximum possible.
sustantivo (plural maxima /ˈmaksɪmə/ or maximums)
- In the meantime we will all be carrying on our activities to the maximum possible within the law.
- It can boost our body's temperature to the maximum to coincide with the demands of the day.
- Whilst farmers now produce to the maximum - 18m tons - the EU consumes 12.5m tons a year.
Mid 17th century (as a noun): from modern Latin, neuter (used as a noun) of the Latin adjective maximus, superlative of magnus 'great'. The adjectival use dates from the early 19th century.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.