- (Especially in forestry and fisheries) the maximum level at which a natural resource can be routinely exploited without long-term depletion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At the Johannesburg World Summit on Sustainable Development last year, 192 Nations called on the global community to restore world fisheries stocks to levels that can provide maximum sustainable yield by 2015.
- Management of whales and fish have usually been based on the concept of maximum sustainable yield, even though the resource managers never had any evidence that natural populations behaved this way.
- Mussels are widely cultivated, and stocks are generally considered to be well above maximum sustainable yield.
Más definiciones de maximum sustainable yieldDefinición de maximum sustainable yield en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.