Definición de mayonnaise en inglés:
- Emulsions have been chosen because they are daily present in kitchens, being the base of many different sauces and mayonnaises, salad dressings, ice creams, shakes, etc.
- You can now squeeze your way out of the sandwich doldrums, thanks to a new crop of smear-on flavored light mayonnaises.
- Gradually add canola oil while whisking to form a thick and creamy mayonnaise.
- Thickly spread the egg mayonnaise mixture onto the buttered bread and sprinkle with the cress.
- Oh well, I suppose an egg mayonnaise sandwich fills the gap a little.
- If this takes off one day I might even discover an egg mayonnaise sandwich for sale without bloody pond weed cress.
French, probably from the feminine of mahonnais 'of or from Port Mahon', the capital of Minorca.
Most books say that mayonnaise comes via French mahonnais from Port Mahon, the capital of Minorca, which was taken by the French in 1756. The first reference to mayonnaise anywhere is not found until 1804, though, when the success was hardly fresh in the French mind, and the spelling was with -y- rather than -h- from the beginning. The chef M. A. Carême ( 1784–1833), explained the word as from French manier ‘to handle’ referring to the method of preparation. It could also be a corruption of French bayonnaise, meaning ‘from the town of Bayonne’.
Palabras que riman con mayonnaiseablaze, amaze, appraise, baize, Blaise, blaze, braise, broderie anglaise, chaise, craze, daze, écossaise, erase, faze, gaze, glaze, graze, Hayes, Hays, haze, laze, liaise, lyonnaise, maize, malaise, Marseillaise, Mays, maze, phase, phrase, polonaise, praise, prase, raise, raze, upraise
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.