Definición de means en inglés:
1 [treated as singular or plural] (often means of/to do something) An action or system by which a result is achieved; a method: technology seen as a means to bring about emancipation resolving disputes by peaceful means
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When the objective is recognized, a wide variety of well known techniques may be used as transitional or enduring means of achieving it.
- The method provides a means of identifying and describing the ways the viewers fill the gaps in the text.
- Having a series of plant analysis results provides a means of evaluating these influences.
2Financial resources; income: a woman of modest but independent means
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That way you will have the financial means whatever bill comes your way!
- She has also received computers and 14 computer training facilities for families without the means.
Australian/New Zealand informal Oscar
Late Middle English: plural of mean3, the early sense being 'intermediary'.
beyond (or within) one's means
- Beyond (or within) one’s budget or income: the government is living beyond its means a flat that was within her meansMás ejemplos en oraciones
- First of all they are going to help you set up a budget so you live within your means.
- Without any insurance, the emergency room fee was far beyond her means.
- Live within your means, they say, we can't bail you out forever.
by all means
- Of course; certainly (granting a permission): ‘May I make a suggestion?’ ‘By all means.’Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If writing is not your forte, by all means, have it done for you.
- Telephone, have a talk by all means but exclude me from arrangements.
- If it sounds like your sort of thing, then, by all means, check it out.
by any means
by means of
- With the help of; by using: supplying water to cities by means of aqueductsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Organizations exist by means of and as a result of these interactions.
- Withdrawal of cash is further effected by means of encoded plastic cards utilized at computer terminals.
- The farmhouse is connected at right angles to the restaurant by means of a large utility room which then leads on to a full catering kitchen.
by no means (or by no manner of means)
- Not at all; certainly not: the outcome is by no means guaranteedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I saw it last week, and enjoyed it, but it's by no means even close to being the best film of 2002.
- Although this room is by no means small, a large wall mirror creates the illusion of even greater space.
- These are by no means mutually exclusive categories and many analyses will fall into both categories.
means of grace
means of production
- (In a political context) the facilities and resources for producing goods: in this society the means of production are communally ownedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet, whereas capitalists simply own the means of production, intellectuals are directly involved in the actual processes of production.
- So, Marx argued that as long as one is not controlling the means of production, they are proletarian.
- It has agglomerated population, centralized means of production, and has concentrated property in a few hands.
a means to an end
- A thing that is not valued or important in itself but is useful in achieving an aim: higher education was seen primarily as a means to an endMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We view our technology as a means to an end, and the end is always to deliver business value.
- However, it must be used as a means to an end and not the end itself.
- ‘I don't think much of gaming,’ says Morgan, ‘but it was a means to an end.’
Palabras que riman con meansJeans, Queens, smithereens
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán