Definición de means en inglés:
1 [treated as singular or plural] (often means of/to do something) An action or system by which a result is achieved; a method: technology seen as a means to bring about emancipation resolving disputes by peaceful means
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When the objective is recognized, a wide variety of well known techniques may be used as transitional or enduring means of achieving it.
- The method provides a means of identifying and describing the ways the viewers fill the gaps in the text.
- Having a series of plant analysis results provides a means of evaluating these influences.
2Financial resources; income: a woman of modest but independent means
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That way you will have the financial means whatever bill comes your way!
- She has also received computers and 14 computer training facilities for families without the means.
Australian/New Zealand informal Oscar
late Middle English: plural of mean3, the early sense being 'intermediary'.
beyond (or within) one's means
- Beyond (or within) one’s budget or income: the government is living beyond its means a flat that was within her meansMás ejemplos en oraciones
- First of all they are going to help you set up a budget so you live within your means.
- Without any insurance, the emergency room fee was far beyond her means.
- Live within your means, they say, we can't bail you out forever.
by all means
- Of course; certainly (granting a permission): ‘May I make a suggestion?’ ‘By all means.’Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If writing is not your forte, by all means, have it done for you.
- Telephone, have a talk by all means but exclude me from arrangements.
- If it sounds like your sort of thing, then, by all means, check it out.
by any means
by means of
- With the help of; by using: supplying water to cities by means of aqueductsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Organizations exist by means of and as a result of these interactions.
- Withdrawal of cash is further effected by means of encoded plastic cards utilized at computer terminals.
- The farmhouse is connected at right angles to the restaurant by means of a large utility room which then leads on to a full catering kitchen.
by no means (or by no manner of means)
- Not at all; certainly not: the outcome is by no means guaranteedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I saw it last week, and enjoyed it, but it's by no means even close to being the best film of 2002.
- Although this room is by no means small, a large wall mirror creates the illusion of even greater space.
- These are by no means mutually exclusive categories and many analyses will fall into both categories.
means of grace
means of production
- (In a political context) the facilities and resources for producing goods: in this society the means of production are communally ownedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet, whereas capitalists simply own the means of production, intellectuals are directly involved in the actual processes of production.
- So, Marx argued that as long as one is not controlling the means of production, they are proletarian.
- It has agglomerated population, centralized means of production, and has concentrated property in a few hands.
a means to an end
- A thing that is not valued or important in itself but is useful in achieving an aim: higher education was seen primarily as a means to an endMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We view our technology as a means to an end, and the end is always to deliver business value.
- However, it must be used as a means to an end and not the end itself.
- ‘I don't think much of gaming,’ says Morgan, ‘but it was a means to an end.’
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan