sustantivo[treated as singular]
- 1An infectious viral disease causing fever and a red rash, typically occurring in childhood: women queue to have their children immunized against measles a severe case of the measlesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Higher temperatures will mean increased incidences of vector-borne diseases like malaria, dengue and measles.
- Thousands of the Aztecs died from ordinary diseases - measles and the flu.
- Because of vaccine shortages, such diseases as whooping cough, measles, mumps, and even polio (which had been all but eradicated) have also increased.
Middle English maseles, probably from Middle Dutch masel 'pustule' (compare with modern Dutch mazelen 'measles'). The spelling change was due to association with Middle English mesel 'leprous, leprosy'.
Más definiciones de measlesDefinición de measles en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.