Definición de meat en inglés:
- The principal meats were pork, beef, mutton, and sometimes freshwater fish taken from the river.
- The highly processed food and low-quality meats affect the health, both physical and mental, of everyone here.
- He could smell the meats and the foods cooking on the hot plates above him, and he felt his stomach growl.
- His body had practically no meat on his bones, but he walked with enough spring in his step for a youth.
- Maeve was thankful though that he had some meat on his body even though it was little and he always looked deathly sick.
- Where once his frame seemed to safeguard her, she now felt that she had more meat on her body than he did.
- Her face was screwed up in a comical expression of extreme disgust that soon changed to a sheepish grin as she saw that the fruit's meat lay exposed just under the rind.
- Greedily he bit into the flesh of the fruit, the meat bursting into liquid.
- Disc Two is where the meat of the supplements is featured.
- They are dialogue-heavy, but they are laying the groundwork for the real meat of the film.
Old English mete 'food' or 'article of food' (as in sweetmeat), of Germanic origin.
Meat is related to mete (Old English), an old word meaning ‘to measure’, and mate (Late Middle English) through the idea of a mate being someone you share food with. It goes back to an ancient root shared with meditate (late 16th century). The earliest sense of meat was simply ‘food’. This survives in the proverb one man's meat is another man's poison, which is recorded in English from the late 16th century but has a parallel in the work of the Roman poet and philosopher Lucretius of the 1st century bc. Other early meanings include ‘an item of food’, now found only in sweetmeat (Late Middle English). See also flesh
be meat and drink to British
- That would be meat and drink to a side of Drighlington's standing.
- This task you have set is meat and drink to me, Silver, let me be.
- Conclusions like this will be meat and drink to undergraduates.
- informal A person who is easily overcome or outwitted: with no family money to protect him, he was easy meatMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They were on foot, and that should have made them easy meat, despite their head start, yet none of the men Churnazh could fully trust had found a trace of them.
- It was probably just some guy, he was positive it was a male, who thought Dyllis would be easy meat and might even be locked up now anyway.
- It became apparent that if we were to encounter enemies, we would be easy meat.
meat and potatoes
- North American Basic and essential aspects: the club’s meat and potatoes remains blues performersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Of course the real meat and potatoes here is the gameplay.
- So now, we get down to the meat and potatoes of his problem.
- Of course, the meat and potatoes of the game are its many quests and the often-connected spells that Harry acquires as a result.
meat and two veg
one man's meat is another man's poison
- proverb Things liked or enjoyed by one person may be distasteful to another.Oraciones de ejemplo
- These very different concepts require very different musical interpretations, and one man's meat is another man's poison.
- It is not so much that one man's meat is another man's poison as it is that one man's poison is another man's poison.
- It cuts both ways and one man's meat is another man's poison.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Going meatless a few times a week - or even once a week - can be beneficial.
- Dogs can enjoy a meatless diet because they can synthesize some necessary nutrients that cats need to get from their food.
- But if you want to be more daring, a whole world of meatless cuisine is out there.
Palabras que riman con meataccrete, autocomplete, beet, bittersweet, bleat, cheat, cleat, clubfeet, compete, compleat, complete, conceit, Crete, deceit, delete, deplete, discreet, discrete, eat, effete, élite, entreat, escheat, estreat, excrete, feat, feet, fleet, gîte, greet, heat, leat, leet, Magritte, maltreat, marguerite, meet, meet-and-greet, mesquite, mete, mistreat, neat, outcompete, peat, Pete, petite, pleat, receipt, replete, sangeet, seat, secrete, sheet, skeet, sleet, splay-feet, street, suite, sweet, teat, treat, tweet, wheat
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.