A small, slender freshwater fish with the dorsal fin set back near the tail, native to parts of SE Asia and Japan.
- Family Oryziatidae and genus Oryzias: several species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genetic linkage maps have been developed for a number of fish species, including zebra fish, medaka, catfish, rainbow trout, Atlantic salmon, and Lake Malawi cichlids.
- In the medaka, cortisol treatment increased the ability of acid-exposed fish to maintain plasma sodium levels.
- The Japanese medaka were purchased from a biological supply company.
early 20th century: from Japanese me(y) 'eye' + -daka 'high'.
Definición de medaka en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.