Definición de medicalize en inglés:
Treat (something) as a medical problem, especially without justification: doctors tend to medicalize manifestations of distress, prescribing drugs such as sleeping tablets
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- According to Illich, doctors had medicalized various aspects of life, including ageing, death, pain, patients' expectations, and healing and preventive therapies.
- Hence the tendency to medicalise it, treat it as a health problem.
- His comments prompt questions about whether raising awareness of social anxiety disorder may in fact be medicalising shyness.
- Example sentences
- Early diagnosis of the disease might unleash a process of premature medicalisation.
- However, medicalisation of traumatic human suffering runs the risk of reducing it to a technical problem.
- The medicalisation of modern society has already deskilled many other professions and led patients into an unhealthy dependence on medical care.
Definición de medicalize en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia