Definición de megalomaniac en inglés:
1A person who has an obsessive desire for power.
- Finally, of course, there is the natural desire of the megalomaniac to hang on to power until the last possible minute and not to take the slightest risk of losing it.
- Volscenzi is the stereotypical bad guy; eccentric and power crazed, he is a paranoid megalomaniac who quite clearly desires, as is required of his kind, world domination.
- No, Raines must be a megalomaniac, drunk on power.
1.1A person who suffers delusions of their own power or importance.
- The psychiatrists diagnosed him as a megalomaniac with delusions of being a great poet, economist, linguist, historian, and political adviser to heads of state.
- When the title is conferred on public figures, it is a well-known fact that they go mad; celebrities turn into monsters, and politicians into megalomaniacs, addled by delusions of eternity, going on, and on, and on.
- It was preceded by months of attempted negotiations with a megalomaniac, power-hungry, delusional autocrat.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- The story is that of an intensely Irish megalomaniac father, who lives in the violent and paranoid world of his furniture store mogul past.
- Amos’ escape idea was just as impossible as Dr. Anderson's megalomaniac thoughts of healing the world.
- It all comes down to responsibility, and this power-crazed megalomaniac picture that you're painting is certainly not the only possible outcome, goal, or destination for people who don't believe sorcery should be used sparingly.
- Example sentences
- Others might view such people as demented or delusional or megalomaniacal.
- Bates manages to infect almost the entire cast and crew with his neuroses and megalomaniacal attitude.
- She is sensuous, grasping, self-absorbed, fierce, greedy, megalomaniacal, and utterly certain that she is entitled to have her ego, her power, and her way.
Definición de megalomaniac en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary