- An Australian shrub or tree which bears spikes of bottlebrush-like flowers. Some kinds are a source of timber or medicinal oil.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Melaleuca, family Myrtaceae: many species
- Acacias, grevilleas and melaleucas need careful annual pruning to keep them busy and attractive and should be replaced when they are no longer so.
- A dozen native trees will be saved, including melaleucas, coolamons, conifers, a flame tree and a lilly pilly.
- Callistemons and melaleucas are often tricky to tell apart as they are both evergreen trees or shrubs with papery trunks.
modern Latin: from Greek melas 'black' + leukos 'white' (because of the fire-blackened white bark of some Asian species).
Más definiciones de melaleucaDefinición de melaleuca en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.