1 Chemistry A white crystalline compound made by heating cyanamide and used in making plastics.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The melamine / acrylic binder is also more brittle than other binder resins we have used.
- Sulphonated melamine formaldehyde condensate in the form of an aqueous solution was used.
- The direct pressure laminate is basically a one step process, whereby all the layers are fused directly to the core at the same time, and impregnated with melamine resins using heat and pressure.
2A plastic used chiefly for laminated coatings, made by copolymerizing melamine with formaldehyde: [as modifier]: a huge melamine coffee table
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Available in various materials such as bone, melamine, glass and plastic, there is a dish for every utility of your kitchen and the dining hall.
- There are metal forks and spoons, melamine Chinese spoons and plastic chopsticks.
- I found out only recently that melamine should not go into the microwave.
Mid 19th century: from German melam (an arbitrary formation), denoting an insoluble amorphous organic substance, + amine.
Definición de melamine en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda