- A fragrant herbaceous plant of the pea family, which is native to Eurasia and north Africa and is sometimes grown as forage or green manure.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Melilotus, family Leguminosae
- The Chinese use yellow melilot medicinally, use it in cosmetics, and burn it as an incense.
- There are 25 species of clovers and trefoils (Trifolium spp.), eight species of medic and alfalfa (Medicago spp.), and three species of melilots.
- Other fodder plants introduced from Europe include the yellow or white melilots,, which may be seen in mid to late summer on the Sawston by-pass, and a larger form of Bird's foot Trefoil (Lotus corniculatus ssp.var. sativa) which often grows nearly a metre high on the South Down.
Middle English: from Old French, via Latin from Greek melilōtos 'honey lotus'.
Más definiciones de melilotDefinición de melilot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.