- An infectious disease of rodents, similar to glanders. It is occasionally transmitted to people, in whom it can cause pneumonia, multiple abscesses, and septicaemia.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The agent is the bacterium Pseudomonas pseudomallei
- In this paper we review the microbiological, clinical and epidemiological observations in patients with septicaemic melioidosis, confirmed by the isolation of organisms from blood culture.
- Seroprevalence data may indicate that many more than those who present with overt disease have latent melioidosis and may be at a risk of a relapse.
- Authorities in Singapore have expressed concern about the rising death toll from the tropical disease melioidosis.