Definición de melodeon en inglés:
1A small accordion of German origin, played especially by folk musicians.
[ mid 19th century: probably from melody, on the pattern of accordion]
- Next Thursday, the Sultans of Squeeze come to town with their collection of melodions, accordions and concertinas to perform music of all genres, from folk, to waltzes, to blues to rock ‘n’ roll.
- The instruments available are fiddles, flutes, banjos, concertinas, accordions, a melodeon and a practice set of uillean pipes.
- Sharon is of course a multi instrumentalist in her own right, playing melodeon, piano accordion and fiddle.
2A small organ popular in the 19th century, similar to the harmonium.
[alteration of earlier melodium]
- The expensive clothing and jewelry, the imported carpet, and the melodeon or reed organ indicates the refinement and wealth of this frontier family who shared cultural and social aspirations with its urban counterparts.
Definición de melodeon en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan