1Relating to melodrama: a melodramatic comedy about Slavic miners
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most of you must know that Udayakumar, a contemporary of Rajkumar, was famous for his highly melodramatic performances.
- But somehow the melodramatic elements are transcended, and the movie moves you, as movies always should.
- Folks, give a break to your sob serials and melodramatic movies this Sunday and stay hooked to Discovery as an extinct tiger comes to life.
1.1Characteristic of melodrama, especially in being exaggerated or overemotional: he flung the door open with a melodramatic flourish
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He returned to characters who offered identification even though it was mostly via melodramatic exaggeration.
- It would be a melodramatic exaggeration for me to say that I fight this battle within myself every day.
- Incidentally, the above use of ‘martyr’ was no exaggeration or melodramatic affectation.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘It's all in the mood,’ argues Greenhorn, adding melodramatically, ‘like a dark cloud of uncertainty above everything.’
- The former candidate to be chief prosecutor melodramatically explained how in 1996-1997 the banking system collapsed, and he had searched for a safe place for his money.
- ‘Oh dear; look what you've done; you've broken it,’ exclaimed Nick melodramatically, fetching it back.
Palabras que riman con melodramaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: melo|dra¦mat¦ic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda