(also meltemi wind)
- A dry north-westerly wind which blows during the summer in the eastern Mediterranean.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The meltemi winds are known by old Greeks as the Etesian northern winds and are not viewed in a bad way as they bring cooler weather, low humidity and good visibility.
- The legendary meltemi winds are so sudden and so strong that they play havoc with ferry schedules to the islands, so you can imagine what they do to a tiny rowing shell.
- As the day has progressed the meltemi winds have been reducing and as of 14.00 EST there was a strong tail wind coming directly down the 2000 metre course from the north.
from modern Greek meltémi, Turkish meltem.
Más definiciones de meltemiDefinición de meltemi en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.