1.1A place where different peoples, styles, theories, etc. are mixed together: Toronto is a melting pot of different cultures
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The resulting exhibition is a melting pot of different styles and ideas - the only common theme being the small size of the artworks.
- We're a melting pot of different cultural traditions, without the commonalities to bind us all together.
- Tone-on-tone or monochrome colour combinations keep this melting pot of styles together and ensure a look that is not too loud.
in the melting pot
- British In a process of change and with an uncertain outcome: the future of the railway is still in the melting potMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Whatever the outcome however, expect it to remain in the melting pot from first minute to last.
- Wiseman will be going back with a higher offer, and the whole issue will be placed back in the melting pot.
- We are a fair way down the road toward what we are trying to achieve, but now the whole thing is back in the melting pot.
Definición de melting pot en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda