- 1A pot in which metals or other materials are melted and mixed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mr West, who joined the company in 1943, said the typesetting was done by hand, using steel type or by using complicated-looking machines with melting pots.
- 1.1A place where different peoples, styles, theories, etc. are mixed together: Toronto is a melting pot of different culturesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The resulting exhibition is a melting pot of different styles and ideas - the only common theme being the small size of the artworks.
- We're a melting pot of different cultural traditions, without the commonalities to bind us all together.
- Tone-on-tone or monochrome colour combinations keep this melting pot of styles together and ensure a look that is not too loud.
in the melting pot
- British In a process of change and with an uncertain outcome: the future of the railway is still in the melting potMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Whatever the outcome however, expect it to remain in the melting pot from first minute to last.
- Wiseman will be going back with a higher offer, and the whole issue will be placed back in the melting pot.
- We are a fair way down the road toward what we are trying to achieve, but now the whole thing is back in the melting pot.
Más definiciones de melting potDefinición de melting pot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.