- Heavy woollen cloth with a close-cut nap, used for overcoats and jackets.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tightly woven wool, wool melton, felted or boiled wool, leather and suede along with faux leather and suede all can be clipped, snipped, slashed or punched without fraying.
- Firm, stable fabrics such as melton and gabardine hold the cut edge shape with minimal staystitching.
- If you decide to stitch the design on a heavier fabric than the test sample (such as melton or fleece) the stitches will imbed in the fabric and pull the design out of alignment.
early 19th century: named after Melton Mowbray, a town in central England, formerly a centre of cloth manufacture.
Más definiciones de meltonDefinición de melton en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.